My name is Jeff Fajans (rhymes with "lions") and I am a researcher, consultant, and coach whose expertise lies at the intersection of creativity & innovation, learning & development, and positive psychology. I am currently also a Positive Organizational Psychology PhD candidate at Claremont Graduate University and hold a Masters degree in the same concentration from CGU along with a co-concentration in Evaluation -
I have a passion for creating & helping others become badass so that they can bring their own unique creations to the world.
I work with people on a one-to-one coaching basis in order to help transform them into creative badasses. I typically work with people on a very customized-to-the-person's-needs basis, but I also offer a few more specific coaching programs as well: a Startup Leader & Entrepreneur Coaching Program, and a Mindfulness Coaching Program.
I also work with organizations and groups to do the same thing by offering services such as: team coaching, group mindfulness training, (positive) psychology-based product/service design, research & development, and program evaluation.
When working with clients, I utilize a collaborative approach that is heavily influenced by the best practices from positive psychology, adult development and learning theory, and appreciative inquiry. When working with you or your organization, it is a collaborative endeavor - deliberate and systematic change initiatives that leverage individual and organizational strengths, interests, and competencies towards achieving extraordinary creativity, learning, and performance.
I've been trained by some of the best Creative Geniuses in the world, and have been extremely lucky enough to have the following mentors in my life:
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi -the insanely eminent and internationally renowned expert on Flow and Creativity
- Maritza Salazar - my primary advisor who just won about half a million dollars to study innovation in science teams
- Jeanne Nakamura - an authority on "good work" and eminent creators
- Scott Isaksen - one of the leading creativity & innovation-focused management consultants in the world
- Becky Reichard - a true expert on leader and employee learning and development
The purpose of this website is to share with others what I believe to be important topics for the working creative individual and organizational leader. It is my personal and professional goal to be of service to others and help them maximize their innovative potential. All posts on this website represent the views of myself, and are not to be associated with any of my current, past, or future clients.
The topics covered here on CreateLearnLive.com will cover the following:
- How to better understand the true nature of creativity and innovation in order to facilitate, enhance, and increase creative and innovative performance at the individual, group, and organizational level.
- How to better understand effective principles, strategies, and new innovations in learning & development so that they can be properly applied to achieve individual and organizational developmental goals.
- How to increase well-being, performance, and optimal functioning through incorporating scientifically-based best practices (such mindfulness and strength-based initiatives) from positive psychology.